Cusco City Tour And Nearby Ruins
THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME TO VISIT CUZCO “THE INKAS´S CAPITOL ON ANDES” FAMED FOR ITS DISTINCT BEAUTY, AND INTRIGUINGLY MYSTERIOUS BACKGROUND.
Full Day tour of the ancient Cuzco city, and sides, we will discover, the Andean World in a specially prepared circuit visiting, and discovering, the mystery of the Incas Culture with plenty time.
Cusco City Tour and Nearby Ruins covers: northwest of Cuzco (out side of the city) Tambomachay, Pucapucara, Qenqo, and Sacsaywaman. And Around the Cuzco center we have: The main Colonial Church, and the Qoricancha (Incan temple).
The Inka ancient names of CUZCO are: Ajamama (Mother Inka Beer) “Chicha”,Qosqo (The Navel of the Incas´ world), Cuzco (Spanish Name and now-days International code), and Cusco (Inca Name nowadays, we love to call just, this way “Cusco or Qosqo”).
The city of Cusco is a mix between the Inca and colonial, which has all the modernities. Within the same place you can visit the Cathedral of Cusco, in one of its ten side chapels venerates the image of the Lord of the Earthquakes, patron of the city. Another religious monument is the temple of the Society of Jesus.
Another place, without a doubt, is to go through the Plaza de Armas of Cusco, which in Inca times was called “Haucaypata”, which means in Quechua instead of the warrior. It was an important place where the Inti Raymi was celebrated every year.
Halfway down the street is the Regocijo square, where artisans from the heights exhibit their fabrics and other products.
If you arrive to Cusco, you should also visit the San Blas neighborhood, the oldest, cradle of the most respected artisans of the Andean south, as well as finding bohemian and fun places.
PASSIONS: INKA HISTORY
Summary of City Tour in Cusco
- AM visit outskirt of Cuzco, 4 Incan sites to visit: Tambomachay, Pucapucara, Qenqo, and Sacsaywaman
- At noon 2 or 1 hour & 30 half free time to your lunch
- PM After Lunch visit the Main Colonial Cathedral of Cuzco, and the Qoricancha “the Golden Inca Church”
- End of tour at your Hotel or we can drop you at Cuzco Plaza if it is closes you’re Hotel!
- OPTION to avoid lunch and to stay more time on nature, we can organize a Box lunch; if you want this tell us please; this full day tour we can perform beginning with the Cathedral of Cuzco, then the Qoricancha, and the for Incan sites outside of Cuzco (opposite style program tour)
Itinerary of City Tour in Cusco One Full Day
Day 1: CUZCO CITY TOUR FULL DAY
At 9am spend the morning visiting the not to be missed highlights of the Capital of the Inca´s land. Visiting out of the Cuzco city; the Inca sites of Qenqo, Tambomachay, Puca Pucara and the impressive fortress of Sacsayhuaman, built strategically on a hill overlooking Cusco; famous for its enormous carved stones joined with astounding precision to form the outer walls. Some of these stones stand over 9 m – 30 ft. tall and weight over 125 tons about.
In the afternoon exploring Cuzco’s hidden gems on foot; the Temple of the Sun or Qoricancha (Golden Inca house) then the Main Square, the Cathedral where it was built in 1650 containing 400 colonial paintings including from the Cusqueñian School (Cusco) with the marvelous painting which was prominent in the 17th century and among them we have a representative painting that it is the Last Supper painted by Marcos Zapata (Inca Indigenous person) showing Christ and the 12 apostles eating guinea pig (Cuy) and the 12 angle stones .
- Meals: Yes included an Andean Lunch
- Difficulty: Easy
The City Tour in Cusco Included
- City Tour (Cuzco full day)
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Services of Native English speaking tour
- Comprehensive Guided sightseeing (personalized service)
- All pick ups
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern Inka motor coach
- 1 Andean Lunch
- All sites and attraction entrance tickets.
- All Local taxes.
The City Tour in Cusco Does Not Included
For the City Tour in Cusco Bring
- Tennis Shoes.
- Rain poncho (Rain Season) “December to March”
- T-shirts / Sun hat
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended)
- Camera / film
- Cash in local currency to purchase items.
The City Tour in Cusco 1d – Private Service Prices
Included Entrances and local taxes “all included”
- 2 people: US$185 price per person
- 3 people: US$160 price per person
- 4 people: US$140 price per person
- 5 people: US$130 price per person
- 6 people: US$110 price per person
- 7+ people: US$80 price per person
- Student Discount: US$10 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
All tours WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to Trek 2 Machu Picchu. All deposits are $50 per person and are non-refundable. We accept payments through PayPal and should be sent to email@example.com We will email you, your booking invoice and confirmation once your details and deposit are received.