Cusco South Valley Tour
THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME TO VISIT THE SOUTH INKA VALLEY OF CUZCO, FAMED FOR ITS DISTINCT BEAUTY, AND INTRIGUINGLY MYSTERIOUS BACKGROUND.
Andes Hills; towards south of Cuzco.
This tour is known for combining beautiful natural landscapes, Inca Temples (Tipon), Pre – Inca Wari architecture Pikillacta, and the beautiful Chapel known, as the Sistine Chapel of the Americas´ (Andahuaylillas).
What to see in the South Valley?
These are the tourist attractions that you will be able to see, when crossing the South Valley.
It is said that Tipón was a royal garden commissioned by Wiracocha; it is one of the best examples of agricultural terraces created by the Incas; these terraces extend through the narrow valley and are fed by springs coming from the Apu (mountain) Pachatusan. You can also see a complex of temples, irrigation canals and aqueducts. This archaeological complex is located 24 km southeast of Cusco.
Pikillaqta is the only pre-Inca site near Cusco. This adobe complex was built by the Wari culture between 700 and 900 AD. A few meters from the area, you can see a small Inca site known as Rumicolca, which worked as a kind of toll for travelers passing through the place.
Andahuaylillas is one of the colonial towns of the territory, in this town you will find an old church known as “The Sistine Chapel of Peru”; It is home to golden altars, paintings from the Cusco school and ceilings of many colors. The chapel is quite simple and modest on the outside; but once inside, you will be able to see the wonderful interior decorated with works of art from the famous Cusqueña School.
On the way back you will pass through the town of Saylla, here you can enjoy typical Cusco food; Delicious pork rinds, pork roast, suckling pig, and a soup consumed since the Incas, known as Chairo.
What to take with you?
- Tourist ticket of Cusco (partial ticket), can be purchased on the site.
- Protection against the sun (hat, sunglasses, sunscreen)
- Protection against rain (water poncho and waterproof jacket)
- Water bottle
- Change (to buy a sandwich)
PASSIONS: INKA HISTORY, AND ANDEAN VALLEY VIEWS
Summary of Cusco South Valley Tour 1d
- Visit: The Sistine chapel of America (Andahuaylillas), Rumicolca (main south entrance of Cuzco), Pikillacta (Pre-Inca citadel), Tipon (the Mater example of Incan hydraulic system of water)
- Around noon or the afternoon, you have a chance to try Guinea pig (traditional dish of Cuzco) Optional at Tipon village “to affordable prices”
- End of tour at your Hotel
- Level: Easy
Itinerary of Cusco South Valley Tour 1d
Day 1: THE SOUTH INKA VALLEY OF CUZCO
A Day Tour
At 9:00 am we will start our tour visit to Tipon 3316 m / 10,879 ft. located 34 km / 21.8 miles Cusco southeast.
Tipon was built by Wiracocha (8th Inca Government) this Incan site has an impressive agricultural terraces with intricate hydraulic water system; all the terraces extend to narrow Andean valley itself are watered by an aqueduct of Pachatusan mountain also Tipon has a master Inca fountain.
Then we will continue to Pikillacta (Flea City) Pre-Inca site where it was built 700 AD by Huari Culture; great street very different than the Incas with many houses they used a lot of white plaster to cover their wall and floor (simply construction but very interesting Pre Inca organization); Close Pikillacta we have also Rumicolca (the Main Incan Gate entrance to Cusco Capital from the south).
The last place to visit it is Andahuaylillas 3150 m / 10,334 ft. place where it is the representation of the Sistine Chapel of South America; this church are home of golden altars, paintings and many colored ceilings, the chapel is simple and unassuming on the outside but the interior is a masterpiece.
In our way back to Cusco we might stop at Saylla to try a Typical Andean dish called Chicharron (optional).
- Difficulty: Easy
The Cusco South Valley Tour Included
- Tour the South Valley of Cuzco “almost 1 D”
- Services of Native English speaking tour
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Comprehensive Guided sightseeing (personalized service)
- All pick ups
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern Inka motor coach
- All site and attraction entrance tickets.
- All Local taxes.
The Cusco South Valley Tour Does Not Included
The Cusco South Valley Tour 1d – Private Service Prices
Included Entrances and local taxes “all included”
- 2 people: US$135 price per person
- 3 people: US$115 price per person
- 4 people: US$110 price per person
- 5 people: US$90 price per person
- 6 people: US$90 price per person
- 7+ people: US$75 price per person
- Student Discount: US$10 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
All tours WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to Trek 2 Machu Picchu. All deposits are $50 per person and are non-refundable. We accept payments through PayPal and should be sent to email@example.com We will email you, your booking invoice and confirmation once your details and deposit are received.