Cusco Half Day City Tour
THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME TO VISIT CUZCO “THE INKAS´S CAPITOL ON ANDES” FAMED FOR ITS DISTINCT BEAUTY, AND INTRIGUINGLY MYSTERIOUS BACKGROUND.
A spectacular, Incan Sites! with sacred temples, located northwest of Cusco City.This tour covers: Qenqo, Pucapucara, Tambomachay, and Sacsaywaman.that is an Inca name, and “Sexy woman”, looks like, the same sounds in English and Quechua (Inca language).
“The archaeological capital of America”, is the largest tourist attraction in Peru and the most visited. Cusco was the largest city and the capital of the Inca empire “Tahuantinsuyo” (which encompassed much of Ecuador, Colombia, Bolivia, Peru, Argentina and Chile) which was later taken over by the Spanish conquerors; nowadays it has an architecture that fuses the Inca and Spanish style. His people proudly preserve their customs and traditions. It is also mandatory to know the enigmatic and mystical citadel of Machu Picchu that the Spaniards never knew and was discovered by Western culture in 1911. Cusco, as well as Machu Picchu, for its historical value and its beauty is considered a Cultural Heritage of Humanity .
The department of Cusco is considered a Cultural Heritage of Humanity, it was the cradle of the great Inca civilization and due to the great monuments it has, it is the main tourist center of Peru. Few places in Peru have a magical aura similar to that of Cusco, which was the center of Sun worship. You can visit churches, museums, archeological sites and many other things, for this you will need the tourist ticket that allows the visit of 16 of the most important tourist attractions of Cusco both natural and cultural.
PASSIONS: INKA HISTORY
Summary of Cusco City Tour
- Private tours are completely flexible
- This tour we perform during the morning (not crowded tour) also Departure in the Afternoons, according to your preference
- Duration: 4 – 5 hours (Half Day), active and unique cultural features tours
- Meeting Point: At your Hotel/Accommodation or Airport
- Explore 4 Incan sites to visit: Tambomachay, Pucapucara, Qenqo, and Sacsaywaman
Itinerary of Cusco City Tour
Day 1: CITY TOUR
The Tour we perform during the morning.
Places to Visit: Sacsaywaman Temple / Qenqo Incan place / Pucapucara & Tambomachay
We start visiting Sacsaywaman Inca Ceremonial temple (Pumas head) 3500 m / 11,482 ft. this massive structure overlooks Cuzco city; its constructions are amazing with huge rocks perfectly fitted between rock. It is said that more than 30,000 Inka workers during 50 years to build it; we have a unique experience here where Andean people used this temple for many reasons to have reverence to Pachamama and Inti (Sun).Another important archaeological site known as Qenqo (Incan amphitheater) 3550 m / 11,646 ft. Qenqo has a subterranean passages carved in a massive stone, in the inner side there is a carved stone table where Incas Master priest were mummified their people. On top of rock we can find some symbols like a zigzag channels pattern (ritual instrument), a sundial where at the same time it is the awakening of the solar Puma. Qenqo has also an amphitheater with many Inca niches and in front of that a giant monolith giving the Condor Shape.Afterwards we have Tambomachay 3765 m / 12,352 ft. ” the Water Temple” which is the Inca source princess and the sacred water of youth; place where you can find amazing quality of stone work art. Another Incan site its Pucapucara 3773 m / 12,378 ft. (Incan Red Fort) located near to Tambomachay. The red Fortress were used by Inca soldiers for checking people if they were allowed to get into Qosqo Capital of the Incas empire (Cusco) also we have a Master Altar connection with Pachamama.
- Estimated duration: 4 hours
- Difficulty: Easy
The Cusco City Tour Included
- City Tour (half day).
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Services of Native English speaking tour
- Comprehensive Guided sightseeing (personalized service)
- All pick ups
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern Inka motor coach
- All sites and attraction entrance tickets.
- All Local taxes.
The Cusco City Tour Does Not Included
For the Cusco City Tour Bring
- Tennis Shoes.
- Rain poncho (Rain Season) “December to March”
- T-shirts / Sun hat
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended)
- Camera / film
- Cash in local currency to purchase items.
The Cusco City Tour half day – Private Service Prices
Included Entrances and local taxes “all included”
- 2 people: US$120 price per person
- 3 people: US$100 price per person
- 4 people: US$90 price per person
- 5 people: US$75 price per person
- 6 people: US$75 price per person
- 7+ people: US$60 price per person
- Student Discount: US$10 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
All tours WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to Trek 2 Machu Picchu. All deposits are $50 per person and are non-refundable. We accept payments through PayPal and and should be sent to email@example.com We will email you, your booking invoice and confirmation once your details and deposit are received.